I promised to have some surprise posts this year. Ready?
Surprise #1 is this post. The fact that this blog is alive. The fact that you thought it was dead and the whole 52 post challenge was over. I'm here to tell you it's not. I will still post at least 52 times this year. Surprise.
I don't have anything deep or chewy for you today. Nevertheless, a post is still in order. I have some observations about life that need shared.
I was disappointed in myself today. It's the Monday after Easter, and Easter is a celebration of one of the most joyous occurrences in human history. You would think I would still be thinking and meditating about this past week's celebrations and what they represent. Sadly, I must say I have spent zero time thinking or meditating on anything Gospel-related. If I did, I've forgotten. I don't like to admit that Easter apparently had little enough effect on me I was able to spend all of today thinking about myself. Just an observation.
The power of audiobooks. I am working in every possible way to save up so I can go to the MasterWorks Festival this summer. Teaching. Busking. Log-splitting. Burning things. Raking. I even was offered a job cleaning up bird spit. Just anything I can work around my still-hectic schedule of school, practice, and other musical engagements. Today, I was going to do some yard work for someone and I realized I could download an audiobook and listen to it while I worked. Ecce, magic. I powered through seven chapters of Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. I am quite pleased with this arrangement. If I can continue earning money while listening to classics, I will be very happy. Agnes Grey is a wonderful book from what I've listened to so far. It has very few reviews on Amazon, which I found very strange. Anne Bronte was the sister of Charlotte Bronte, who wrote Jane Eyre. Apparently, people usually skip over Agnes Grey, expecting it to be a Jane Eyre wannabe. I assure you, it's not. Agnes Grey was written first. Yes, they are both about governesses in 19th century England, but the comparisons fall short after that.
I practiced two hours today, though I could've gotten more if I had economized my time more efficiently. A lesson for tomorrow, I suppose.
On tomorrow's agenda:
Teach four lessons
Do as much school as possible
Practice as much as possible
Work if possible
Play a concert
So that's today's post. I'm sorry if it was a bit underwhelming, but I think that's what I need. I don't need to think so hard about good topics to write about, daily life brings them up all the time. The goal is to see what happens if I post daily for awhile. Hopefully, I will be able to more quickly recognize patterns and extract insights, ideas, etc. So we'll see how tomorrow goes.
“The ties that bind us to life are tougher than you imagine, or than any one can who has not felt how roughly they may be pulled without breaking.” -Anne Bronte, Agnes Grey
No comments:
Post a Comment