Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I'm a morning/Michigan person.

Hello everyone.
Last night, I performed on three different instruments, in four different ensembles. Afterwards, I was a bit run down, hence I did not believe there was in myself the energy for a blog post. But today... now that is different.
I am often shocked with how much of a morning person I am. Despite the fact that I often stay up late and wake up late, everything always goes better if I make my days more morning oriented and work to make my mornings good.
Let me enlighten you with an example. After aforementioned concert, I went to a friend's house and gained six hours of sleep. Not enough in normal conditions, but when you make sure to fill your morning with bright and cheery people, good food, scripture, prayer, and tea made by a seasoned tea connoisseur, (no pun intended) life feels pretty good. For the whole day, in fact. (Relatively speaking)
Note: Not every day caters to laid-back aesthetically pleasing mornings. Anticipating this particular human plight, God created coffee.
The beautiful weather has been quite nice too. This year, I have had some good friends living in far away places and experiencing different climates. It makes me all the more thankful to live in Michigan. Good, cold winters, with lots of snow and iconic winter experiences, giving way to beautiful springs where we can watch trees bud, orchards blossom and flowering bulbs poke their heads out in a colorful proclamation of new life. (Among rivers of mud... yeah that part's not the best.) Summers are warm but not hot, with just a few hot weeks to make beaches and swimming fun. All winds down to a quiet, introspective fall, where the trees become silent fireworks and the fields give up their last bursts of produce. Notice the picture in the upper right; the backyard of yours truly.
And we have freshwater oceans on our doorstep. Definitely a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment