In all seriousness. It is time to take blogging seriously or give it up. Yes, I can turn out a good post every few months, but I think it is time to take the commitment level up a notch. Indeed, I think a New Year's Resolution might even be a bit of help!
I'm not fully decided yet, but let's see what kind of material I might be able to use this year. Even though this blog is titled "Dianoetic and Digressive," it still needs some larger themes that hold it together; things that will keep you, my dear audience, interested.
This year will definitely have a lot of different events I can imagine as good material. College auditions in January-February. Summer, which could go a few different ways. I'll probably be home saving up for college, but if I'm lucky, I may be at the MasterWorks Festival in Indiana for four weeks, or possibly even with the National Youth Orchestra. Those are both pending though. Then there's the fall. Blogging about my first semester at college will be... interesting. If even possible.
I have skipped a substantial window of time. March-May, I have no big plans, and lots of time to learn, experiment, and do awesome, blog-worthy things! I have some good ideas, but I think I will withhold them for now.
52 posts. One year. Can I do it? Whether I can or not, I think it's a worthy goal, and I can't see myself regretting a hearty attempt. A lot of my plans this year are outlandish and crazy, but whether I accomplish them or not, I'll still grow through them if I make up my mind to do so.
In fact, why not make charting the ways I grow personally the general theme of my blogging this year? The next twelve months will very likely hold some of the biggest changes of my life so far.
So this is a good bye for now. I earnestly hope this year I can remain committed to blog once a week, and I also desire that I can remain committed to good writing and clear thoughts so the posts can be enjoyable for you all. I think this plan has great potential, and I look forward to sharing all the surprises I have planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment