Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Felis Catus

Lissaboy
I love cats. People often ask, "are you a cat person or a dog person?" I have come to the conclusion that I am a cat person who really likes dogs too. I do love dogs, but I don't think I am a true dog person. Cats are just so much more......muchier. They have more muchness.
Dogs are nice, and smart as far as animals go, but they are, in a way, stupid. Don't get me wrong, it's like a pleasant stupid. I mean, they are animals, after all. So I love dogs, but I'm not a dog person.
Cats happen to be animals as well, so they do have the same sort of stupidity, but their countenance seems to project a facade of great knowledge, which to me is very amusing. They also seem to project a private disdain for the majority of living things, and seem more cautious to be completely devoted to a human being.
But wonderful thing about cats is they are not all this way. They have such varying personalities, and each one is different. It's kind of like dogs are all a different kind of pleasant stupid, but they are all still pretty similar. Cats, on the other hand, are not only all different kinds of pleasant stupid but they also have many different ways of showing it. This greatly diversifies each individual cat.
So, I have three cats. Promise, Alissa, and Dvorak, a. k. a. Davey. They are all males. Consequently, I typically refer to Alissa as Lissaboy, whereas I am probably the only person who refers to Dvorak by his full name. And I love them very much.
Promise

1 comment: